The Pont de Pierre (Stone Bridge) is a stone bridge which connects the right bank of the River Garonne to the left in Bordeaux, France. The bridge which has 17 arches was built from 1819 to 1822, it was a challenging build due to the strong current at points in the river. The bridge carries cars, pedestrians and also trams. It was the only bridge in the city until 1965 when the Pont Saint-Jean was built.
The 24, 27, 28, 50, 91 and 92 buses all stop close to the bridge at the ‘Stalingrad’ stop. The A tram line also stops at ‘Stalingrad’, the tram also crosses the bridge.
Opening Times and Admission
The bridge is a public bridge, it can be crossed at any hour of any day throughout the year. The bridge is free to use.