The Place de la Concorde is a public square in the city of Paris, France. The square was completed in 1772 and is the largest square in Paris covering 21 acres. The square was reconfigured by architect Jacques-Ignace Hittorff between the years of 1836-1846 to how it stands today. The square has seen most of its fame come from it being the place where royal executions took place during the French Revolution. Today its famous for being the location that contains the 3,300-year-old Egyptian obelisk erected on the square in May 1998, the Luxor Obelisk. The square also holds two fountains and is surrounded by luxurious hotels.
The square is accessible by taking the metro to ‘Concorde’ station or alternatively taking the 24, 42, 52, 72, 73, 84 or 94 buses to the square.
Opening Times and Admission
The square is a public square so access is free and you can access the square at any hour of the day. The square is situated at the eastern end of the Champ Elysees.