Pisa Baptistery (Pisa Baptistery of St. John) is a Roman Catholic baptistery situated in the city of Pisa, Italy. Construction of the baptistery started in 1152, it wasn’t completed until 1363. It is the largest of its kind in the whole of Italy, it was built with marble to an eye-pleasing mixture of Gothic and Romanesque architectural styles. Like its neighbouring Leaning Tower of Pisa, the 55-metre tall baptistery also has a slight lean due to the unstable sand it was built on.
The baptistery is situated in the city centre. It is a 5-minute walk away from ‘Pisa S. Rossore’ train station. The E5 and 21 buses both stop close to the baptistery.
Opening Times and Admission
The baptistery is open to visitors daily, 8am-8pm. Admission is set at 5 euros.