Kongens Nytorv, known in English as ‘The King’s New Square’ is a public square situated in Copenhagen, Denmark. The square was created in 1670 by King Christian V as part of a redevelopment of the city, after the cobbled square was laid, the Charlottenborg Palace and Thott Palace were built soon after on its perimeter. Today the square is the largest in the city and is a popular place with people in the city.
The square is situated right next to ‘Kongens Nytorv’ bus and coach station. The bus station is served by the 1A and 26 buses. It is also a short walk away from ‘Nørreport’ Station.
Opening Times and Admission
The square is a public square and is open every day at all hours.