Jameson Distillery Bow St is a former Irish whiskey distillery that has been converted into a museum/visitor centre that displays the history and whiskey making process of the Jameson Irish Whiskey. The distillery opened in 1780 and was taken over by John Jameson in 1805. It served as a distillery until 1971 when the whiskey making process was moved to a new site. In 1997 the site was reopened as a tourist attraction to tell the story of the famous Irish beverage.
The former distillery is located on Bow Street in Dublin. By bus, take the 83 to ‘Smithfield Law Library’ from there it is a short walk away. By tram, take the tram to ‘Smithfield’ Stop on the red line.
Opening Times and Admission
The former distillery is open to visitors seven days a week, 10am-7pm except for Fridays and Saturdays when it closes at 8 pm. You can only visit on a tour, the tours last 40 minutes and cost 20 euros for adults and 16 euros for concessions, the price includes a complimentary drink.