House of the Blackheads

Yet to be reviewed
  • Visited?
  • Add a Review
  • Visited?
  • Add a Review

General Information

The House of the Blackheads is a former brotherhood building which is now a multipurpose building, it is situated in Riga, Latvia. The original building was erected in the 14th century as a place for unmarried foreign merchants who formed a brotherhood in the city ‘The Blackheads’. The building was vastly improved over the years until it was demolished by German bombings in 1941. It has since been rebuilt due to its popularity with locals in terms of architecture and adding colour to the city. Today, it is a place for people to visit to learn about the former brotherhood and the building and its influence on the city. It does still double up as a residence as the President of Latvia recently used the building as his home whilst the castle was renovated. Concerts and conferences are also held within the building.

Getting there

The building is situated in the centre of the city and is within walking distance of most other sights of Riga.

Opening Times and Admission

The building is open six days of the week, Tuesday to Sunday 9am-5pm; Mondays is the museums weekly day of closure. Admission to the building is set at 6 euros with guided tours available for 15 euros.

  • 0
    TotalSightseers have visited this sight
  • Rātslaukums 7, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
  • Multipurpose Complex
  • +371 67 043 678

0 Reviews

Add a Review

Sort:

Yet to be Reviewed

0 User Images

No User Images have been uploaded