Helsinki Cathedral is an Evangelical Lutheran cathedral situated in Helsinki, Finland. The cathedral was built from 1830-1852 as a tribute to the Grand Duke of Finland. It is an imposing Neoclassical cathedral that was designed by Carl Ludvig Engel and later altered by Ernst Lohrmann. The eye-pleasing cathedral is one of the main places of worship in the city, it has a capacity of 1,300.
The cathedral is situated in the city centre. It is a 5-minute walk away from ‘Rautatieasema Jarnvags’ train station. The 7 tram stops at the cathedrals stop ‘Hallituskatu’.
Opening Times and Admission
The cathedral is open to visitors daily, 9am-6pm. Admission is free.