The Hart Plaza (Phillip A. Hart Plaza) is a plaza situated along part of the Detroit River in Detroit, USA. The 14-acre plaza was opened in 1975 and is named after former US Senator Philip Hart. It is located on the part of the land that Antoine Laumet de La Mothe landed in 1701 when he founded the settlement that became Detroit. The plaza has a cruise ship terminal and a memorial fountain that is situated at its centre, the fountain is dedicated to Horace E. Dodge and son. The plaza is used as a concert and events venue in the city.
If travelling by car, there is a parking lot nearby ‘National Garage Inc’. The closest metro stop to the plaza is ‘Financial District People Mover’ station. The 2222 and 009 buses both stop close by to the plaza.
Opening Times and Admission
The plaza is a public plaza, it is free to access at any time when an event is not taking place.