Gediminas’ Tower is a tower in the city of Vilnius, Lithuania. It is the last remaining part of the former Upper Castle. The tower originates from when Gediminas who the tower is named after built the first wooden fortification many centuries ago, it was replaced by a brick fortification in the 15th century and the tower was rebuilt to its current standing in 1933. The tower is a landmark in Lithuania. Today, the three floored tower is used as the home of a museum that displays archaeological findings from the hill the tower is situated on and the surrounding areas.
The tower is situated on a hill that overlooks the city centre. You can get there on foot from most city centre locations. The 10, 11, 33 and 89 buses all stop by the hill the tower is situated on.
Opening Times and Admission
In the summer months (April to September), the tower is open to visitors daily 10am-9pm. In the winter months (October to March), the tower is open to visitors daily 10am-6pm. Admission is set at 5 euros for adults and 2.50 euros for concessions.