The Federal Palace of Switzerland is a government building that is the home of the Swiss Parliament it is situated in the Swiss capital city, Bern. The building was opened in 1902 after being designed by architect Hans Auer. The building has three sections, a central assembly building and two wings which house departments of the government. The chamber of the National Council and Council of States is separated by the Hall of the Dome which has an interesting mosaic that represents the federal coat of arms. The Federal Palace is one of the city of Bern's most grand buildings.
The building is situated in the city centre of Bern. It is a 5-10 minute walk away from the city’s main train station. The 10, 19 and 30 buses stop close to the palace at ‘Bundesplatz’.
Opening Times and Admission
Guided tours run at the building on certain days at certain times. The English tour runs on Saturdays at 2 pm and is free of charge, it is required that you book in advance.