Eiserner Steg is a footbridge in the city of Frankfurt, Germany. The first Eiserner Steg was built in the late 19th century but was replaced by an iron and concrete cantilever bridge in 1912, that bridge was rebuilt in 1946 after being destroyed in World War Two. The bridge stretches for 170 metres over the River Main connecting the city centre of Frankfurt with the district of Sachsenhausen.
The bridge is a popular pedestrian route into the city. It stretches over the River Main and is a short walk away from the ‘Dom/Romer’ U-Bahn stop that is accessed by the U4 and U5 lines.
Opening Times and Admission
The bridge is open for use 24 hours a day daily, it is free to use.