Church of St. Elizabeth, Bratislava

Yet to be reviewed
  • Visited?
  • Add a Review
  • Visited?
  • Add a Review

General Information

The Church of St. Elizabeth (Blue Church) is a Catholic church situated in the Slovakian capital city, Bratislava. It is sanctified to Elizabeth of Hungary. The church, which has a 36.8-metre tall tower was built in 1909-1913 to an Art-Nouveau style designed by architect Odon Lechner. It is known as the ‘Little Blue Church’ due to its facade, mosaics and glazed-roof all being colours of blue. The church is a popular place of worship in the city of Bratislava.

Getting there

The church is situated to the east of the Old Town area of Bratislava. You can get there on foot from most parts of the city centre. The closest tram stop is a few minutes walk away at ‘SND’ which is served by the 4, 6 and 8 trams.

Opening Times and Admission

The church only opens for daily services at 7am-7.30am and 5.30pm-7pm. On Sundays, the early service runs from 7.30am-12pm. There is no admission fee when attending a service.

0 Reviews

Add a Review

Sort:

Yet to be Reviewed

0 User Images

No User Images have been uploaded